Thursday, September 18, 2008

Women Are Smarter, And Stuff.....

As if he doesn't have enough problems just BEING my son, there is a sexist move afoot to make my boy stupid.

When my daughter was born, my orders were very specific. "Don't talk to her like she's a baby. She'll be smarter, and develop a better vocabulary."

I had to use specific definitions of words, so that she would not only know WHAT I was talking about, but would also understand what it WAS that I was talking about, while she was spitting up all over herself. So, if the dog came into the room, I couldn't just say it was the dog. I had to be descriptive.

Me: Oh look, honey. It's the highly variable domestic animal, closely related to the Gray Wolf, that we call Lucy.

My Daughter: Gooooooo....

In this way my daughter allegedly became HIGHLY intelligent to the point that, when she went outside the other day, she had her shorts on backwards.

Nice.

There is no such effort being made with my son. It seems a little early, to me, to throw in the towel on the boy. He's only 4 months old. But, when the dog comes into the room, now, my wife isn't nearly as interested in the educational benefits of the action.

My Wife: It's the woof-woof.....It's the woof-woof......Look at the woof-woof.

My Son: Gooooooo....

Now, he can't dress himself. But, his shorts are generally facing the right direction.

However, I feel that this might be a bigger conspiracy. Bigger than the Kennedy assassination. Possibly even bigger than that whole thing, earlier this year, about the body double in the blonde wig who came out on stage while the REAL Hannah Montana was changing her outfit........Don't pretend like you didn't hear about it....We ALL heard about it.....No.....I'm sure YOU were reading Dickens, or something.....Right.

Anyway, I believe there may be a greater effort going on, in order to make boys stupid. According to the latest figures, 57% of college students are female.

Which means, guys, that not only are the women smart, THEY'RE GETTING SMARTER!!!!

In the very near future, we won't even get to live inside the house. They'll just keep us in pens, and only bring us out when they want to reproduce, need something heavy lifted, or see a spider. Which, let's be honest, wouldn't be so bad. It wasn't too long ago that I spent 4 hours of my Saturday, driving around all over the place, looking at thousands of different curtains, and came home without buying ANY OF THEM!!!!! What a waste. I'd have bought the first ones', and gone home. There was a USC game on. Come on, people. Priorities. If I had my own pen, I wouldn't need curtains. Just a little hay in the corner. Sounds good to me.

We probably wouldn't even need to bother learning to speak.

Woman: Who wants to reproduce?.....Who wants to reproduce?....Do you wanna reproduce?

Man: Gooooooo....

Honestly, it doesn't sound so bad.

We also used to show my daughter videos from a series called "Baby Einstein." In these videos, classical music would play while various animals did various things, at various speeds. Then, a hand puppet of some kind (I seem to remember a goat), would pop up on the screen, look around, and stare at you for a long time. Then, there would be more animals, and more classical music, followed by more staring. Truthfully, I found the whole thing to be more than a little creepy.

Me: Are you sure this is okay for her to watch? It seems weird.

My Wife: Shut up, or I'll lock you in your pen.

Me: Gooooooo....

So, we watched.....and watched....and watched...until we could not watch any more. Not because we had gone mad and started killing people, which is what I wanted to do (we NEVER do what I wanna do.) But, because we had seen ALL the "Baby Einstein" videos. My wife was satisfied that my daughter, who was in the corner swallowing pennies, was a genius ready to take her place among our new female masters.

The last thing my son watched?

Well, the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" movie was on a few weeks ago. We watched part of that together. I think he sort of laughed. I was very proud.

So, you women can go to college, and get all your fancy book learnin'. I'm gonna stay in my pen, and watch TV.

Call me when it's time to reproduce.

Casey

IF YOU'RE LUCKY, YOU AREN'T READING THIS ON SUNDAY. IF YOU'RE READING THIS ON SUNDAY, THEN YOU MISSED MY ROLLER DERBY DEBUT!!!! HOW COULD YOU!?!! I'VE NEVER MISSED ANYTHING OF YOURS!!!! BUT, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH, AT THE ASBURY PARK CONVENTION CENTER, I WILL BE ANNOUNCING THE ROLLER DERBY BOUT BETWEEN THE JERSEY SHORE GIRLS AND THE GOTHAM CITY GIRLS. I'LL BE THERE, ALONG WITH TRICIA LA'VICIOUS. TRICIA WILL BE THE REAL ANNOUNCER. I'LL JUST BE SITTING THERE, SAYING STUPID THINGS, AND TRYING TO AVOID GETTING HIT. BUT, THERE WILL BE FUN, AND MUSIC, AND A GOOD TIME WILL BE HAD BY ALL. IT ALL STARTS AT 7PM. COME BY, AND SAY HI.

6 comments:

Suzie said...

I have a husband, two sons and one male dog. I think they all need to live in pens. Just me and Becca, the very smart female dog, should be allowed to live in the house. I swear she's at the very least smarter then the male dog. She does not run head first into the shed trying to get the ball. She does occasionally walk into the closed screen door, but so do most people so I can forgive that.

Hey I heard something about you joining a roller derby league. I think you're kinda too white and squishy to be in the ring with big strong SMART females.... But hey, maybe it will give you more time to watch MST3K reruns while you recover from your injuries.

Anonymous said...

Women are a more intelligent cohort because they are more responsible and mature than men. However, men have a greater capacity for intelligence. Probably because we don't have all those pesky baby making hormones. Just look at all the top minds in the world. The vast majority are men.

Useless Memories said...

OOH Pretty Colors!!!

littlebits said...

And this is why Sarah Palin is so popular. She speaks slow enough that even the men of the world can understand her. She dresses and looks her best always because even though it doesn't matter to women it does to men what a woman looks like. She is hooking the men and then making them listen while we sit back and realize you are being sucked in ...we are taking over the world one hockey mom at a time

littlebits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

why did I read your blog? That is 15 seconds of my life I will never get back.