Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Son: The Zombie

My 10 month old son is a virus infected, flesh hungry, moaning zombie, who crawls the floors of my home, seeking innocent victims.

There.

I said it.

It's out there, now.

I feel better.

I fear that I may be partially to blame for this. You see, I have an affection for zombies, and zombie-related films, and such. My wife does not share this, and she will not watch them with me. I guess that makes her the innocent victim, here. She birthed the undead. Kinda cool if you think about it, though. However, I doubt she shares my enthusiasm.

You're probably wondering why I think my son crawls the earth, craving brains. It's a legitimate concern. Plus, even if you aren't wondering, I'm going to tell you anyway. So deal with it.

The other day, the boy was crawling around the house, like he does. Actually, he doesn't really crawl. He refuses to use his legs. He just kinda pulls himself along, with his arms, and drags his lifeless body behind him. While he does this, he moans. Creepy moans, too. "UhhhhhhhhhhOhhhhhhhhOoooooooooooo......." This goes on until he gets to his destination, at which point he says, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....."

On this particular day, I happened to be his destination. So, he was pulling himself around, making his creepy noises, and he gets to my leg. He pulls himself up to a standing position, looks right at me, says, "Ehhhhhhhhhh....," and then bites me in the leg......HARD.........And it hurt.

How could it hurt?

He only has 2 teeth!!!

Then he laughed.

I yelped.

"YELP!!" I said.

I could have written the whole thing off as something cute, that a small child was doing.

But he did it again.

TWICE.

IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS HOLY!!!!!!

HE'S TRYING TO EAT ME!!!!!!

AND HE'S LAUGHING ABOUT IT!!!

That ain't right.

I'm his father. I don't know that it's written down anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it is some kind of fauzx pas to eat your parents. Unless, of course, you are a zombie baby.

I swear to you that, if the boy could reach up to my skull, he would crack it open and start feasting on the caramel, brain, goodness that resides inside my skull......Yes, I believe my brain is full of caramel. I mean, there's gotta be something in there, right? God knows that it's not filled with "brain stuff."

Anyway, the time change is having an affect on "zombie baby." He can't sleep, at night, very well. As luck would have it, I don't sleep very well, either. I have "night terrors" that keep me awake. These are REALLY scary nightmares, that seem REALLY realistic, and make me want to stay awake rather than have them. So, rather than have dreams about people I love being murdered, in unspeakable ways, I lay awake.

This is NOT GOOD when the Prince of The Undead is occupying the crib 30 feet away.

I can hear him.

He's moaning his undead moans......

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ooooooooooooooooooooo...."

I'm not certain, but I think last night I heard him say:

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddyyyyyyyyyy.....I'm going to eat your brrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnsssss.......Want caraaaaaammmmmmmeeeeellllll."

I kinda freaked me out.

My wife, of course, does not believe me. She thinks it's cute.

"Oh, look," she'll say. "Max is trying to rip the flesh off your calf, with his teeth.....I'll go get the camera."

Must be nice not to have to live with the threat of "baby zombie" attack, every night. I wish that were me.

But, it's not.

The boy is already standing up in his crib. So, it's only a matter of time. Eventually, he'll be able to crawl over the side. Then, he'll pull his body down the hallway. He'll pass my daughter's room. He'll go around my wife. He'll pull himself up, on my side of the bed. Then, he'll dig his teeth....BOTH of them...into my skull, and all I'll feel is the gentle dripping of caramel, down the side of my head.

A sticky death, at the hands of my zombie son.

Casey

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom told me there are some guarantees in life, desth, taxes,and that your children will suck the life out of you, Your son is just letting you know what is coming.
Dianne Burd Pt Pleasant

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the "Zombie" got ya, Casey. Good luck!!! lol :)

Robyn A. Point Pleasant, NJ

Anonymous said...

What did I tell you yesterday Casey? NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION! STOP TYPING BLOGS!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your wife is not an innocent bystander. What if she planned this all along? ...

Anonymous said...

Casey, I think you have the male version of postpartum depression:)
Don't worry about your weird dreams. I heard if you have violent dreams, it means you need more sex. I doubt your wife will believe that, but I did hear it.
I LOVE your blogs. I'm glad you are back, I used to listen to you and Scott, many moons ago.

Dian said...

This was so funny. I went through the same thing with my daughter. Although Casey, I think he is after the yohoo brain you have not the caramel brain. I love your blogs!

Anonymous said...

it deeply saddens me that people find you entertaining and there is a niche for your garbage. you have moments, but generally try way too hard.

Anonymous said...

Please seek therapy

Jess said...

Casey,

A leg? Possibly a brain? LOL Imagine having to nurse the little tyke.......lmao....it could be SO MUCH worse.......lol

Aidan's Mama said...

omg ur blog is funny i love it! I have a 14 month son who loves biting me too

Anonymous Matt said...

Just wait until he knocks up some girl on prom night and his undead spawn gnaws it's way out of her belly. Not only a cute little undead grandson, but one that will have no appetite for expensively decorated birthday cakes. It's a win lose situation.

Anonymous said...

OMG casey you are deeply disturbed

but also amusing

Anonymous said...

you have it easy now, wait till he grows up and invites his friends who are worse than him over for a sleepover!

Anonymous said...

'fauzx pas'? someone needs spell check.

p.s. searching in Google for 'fauzx pas' gives your blog entry as a first result.

Anonymous said...

ah but ah let's ah and ah hear more about your snowflakes ah but ah [hissing laugh] and ah but ah

deadweight_ray

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey -

Little kids are like zombies. They are both out of that "crawling-eat your ankles" phase. It will pass (or you'll be eaten if you are not careful.

What is most effective against the vertically-challenged undead is a squirt gun. Just a few squirts and they flee! My wife used to get really mad, but eventually she found it funny.

- Noel

Ameripunx said...

we should feed the annonymous badmouthers to your zombie baby...that'd be awsome...Ahoi Oi! sir

Anonymous said...

ah but ah of course the kid craves brains...and ah but ah look who his father is ah but ah
deadweight_ray

Anonymous said...

Biting is nothing. Wait until he turns bipolar on you! You will be begging for him to eat your caramel brains! It only gets better!

Anonymous said...

ah but ah if you want to know how to get your wife to ah have ah sex with you, try um asking the guy she's having sex with ah but ah

but ah don't you get enough sex with ray fellating you every day?

deadweight_ray

Anonymous said...

ah but ah how much did you make for the tour for the cure? ah but ah [stupid hissing laugh] why won't you disclose it? what are you hiding?