Sunday, August 10, 2008

Semi-blog

This doesn't really count as a blog. This is just the first time that I've had access to a computer in close to a week.

My stuff is here, in Mt Laurel. My family is not yet here. It's just me and my father-in-law, right now. He doesn't talk much. Just stares at me, and mutters. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure I heard the word "whimp" when I was moving a particularly heavy box. Normally he calls me "blister," because he says I show up when the work is done. I don't think he understands that I don't have a "real" job, where "real" work is done. Every so often he looks at me and says, "Let me get this straight, they pay you to do what?"

Once I am unpacked, I am planning things for the blog. I've had a recent burst of inspiration. There will be the usual cartoon that is my life. But, there will also be an online novel. Plus, something a little more warped. I may even start a seperate website for that. I have to figure out how to do that. People always tell me that it's easy to start a website. Then, they start talking about it. This causes my mind to shut down, and I go to my happy place, which is currently on a couch, watching "Entourage," and weird kids programming. But, I'll get there.

I come back to work on Tuesday. I haven't yelled at anyone in over a week, so I might be a little bit on edge. I would yell at my father-in-law. But, I think he could kill me with his pinky.
See you in a couple of days!!

Casey

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'll have to remember not to call in during audience participation. I don't want you to yell at me.

We spoke on-air once & you were nice to me. I don't want to ruin that. LOL!

Lisa said...

Ha!! "Blister"!! I'm using that one for my sister in law!!

Welcome to NJ home ownership! Maybe I'll get to run into you when I visit my sister.

Feeling the need to call the show tomorrow and see how irate you can get... :)

lap said...

Casey, Welcome back from vacation. I would love to call you one day since I listen everyday but you really do scare me. Luv you anyway.

lady di said...

Hi Casey,
Just started listening to your show a few months ago on my way home from work. At first I hated it - but for some reason I kept tuning in. I now look forward to listening to you every night. When I tuned in last week and you were on vacation, I actually was disappointed! The show was just blah without you!
I enjoyed your comments about the Ceasar bartender story and decided that when I got home I would look you up and see what you actually looked like. You do not look like the big hairy guy you said you were! Although you are a cutie, you look nothing like I pictured you in my mind. To me you are more the square/nerdy looking type (not that there's anything wrong with that) - not the "hottie" bad boy I had living in my mind!

Keep up the good work - great show.
Lady Di

CANTEXITNJ said...

Welcome to Mt Laurel. Watch out for the cops on 38...