Friday, February 6, 2009

Just A Quick Blog, As Everyone Around Me Is Dying

This will be a short item. I don’t have much time. You see, “the infected” are here, and they are getting restless.

My wife and son are both sick. There is some 24 hour “thing” going around, and they were both unfortunate enough to get it. My daughter and I, as of right now, are fine. But, my wife and son have various fluids coming out of every orifice on their bodies.

It ain’t pretty.

As the dutiful, and supportive husband I am……..STAYING AS FAR AWAY AS I FREAKING CAN!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU CRAZY!!?!!!

I DON’T WANNA GET THAT!!!

My God!! They are both writhing around on the floor, making noises that I haven’t heard since the last zombie flick I saw. It’s depressing, is what it is.

It’s not that I’m not helping. I am. Well, at least as much as I can. I don’t have to bring them food, because neither one of them can keep anything down. That’s probably best. Under normal circumstances they wouldn’t be able to keep down anything that I might cook, anyway. Outside of that, I will take a deep breath, hold it, run in a couple of water bottles, and then make a quick dash back out of the room. Then, I lock myself in the bathroom, turn on the scalding hot water, and attempt to decontaminate myself.

It’s not that I’m being insensitive. I’m not. But, if I get sick, that leaves my 8 year old daughter to take care of us. We would all be doomed, for certain. It’s not because she wouldn’t TRY to take care of us. The exact opposite is true, in fact. She would try. It is through these attempts that she would kill us all.
She THINKS she can cook….She can’t. She watches Rachel Ray throw a bunch of things in a pot, and make something that tastes good. She thinks that’s how it’s done. You just throw a bunch of things a pot, and magic happens. So, she will just start randomly throwing things in a pot, probably end up with a crude form of mustard gas, and my entire neighborhood would be wiped out.

(YIKES!!!! My son just projectile vomited!!! I gotta go clean that up….It smells like “hot sick” in my house. Gross.)

So, the farther I stay away from all the sick people, the safer it is for EVERYONE.
It would also be worse for the world if I did contract this horrid virus. You see, I am very much a stereotypical male, when it comes to getting sick. In short, I’m a big baby when I get the sniffles.

I moan.

I shake all over.

I roll my eyes back in my head. (Even if they don’t need to be rolled back. I just like the affect.)

I convince myself that I’m going to die.

Basically, I milk it for all it’s worth.

Now, I REALLY AM sick when I do this. I never just fake it. But, the way I play it up, you would think there were awards, with cash prizes, for the most pathetic sick person, and I’m nominated in all the major categories.

(more vomit….I’ll be right back.)

So, when you say your prayers tonight, pray that I don’t catch this, for two reasons, really. First, so that my daughter doesn’t kill us ALL, by trying to help. Second, because we don’t need all the drama, from a 39 year old man/child, who’s convinced he’s walking into the light due to a little stomach bug. It’s not a pretty thing.

Okay, on a side note, I’m working toward starting my own website, which will contain things like the blog, but in one central location. My problem is that I have not the first clue of how to do this. I’m working on gathering information. So, if anyone has any, I’d appreciate any help you could give. I’m not necessarily looking for someone to do it for me, for free. I just need to know what to do. I’m not a patient person, and if I have to figure it all out for myself it will take a WHOLE lot longer. Plus, computers hate me, and when I try to do the work I will become frustrated, and throw the thing out the window. So, any help, would be just super terrific.

Also, you may remember a couple of months back I wrote a short story called “The Becoming.” It was a zombie story. I like that kind of stuff, though I don’t post much of it, here. If you want to look back in the archives and read it, I believe the post was titled “Something Different.” Let me know if you can’t find it. I’ll re-post it. Anyway, I’m working on another one. The working title is “Ed.” If there is interest in reading this, let me know. It’s in the horror genre, and is nothing like the normal blogs that I write. Just reference the other story. Many people have asked me if I was going to write another story like “The Becoming.” But, I know that it’s not for everyone. So, I’m wondering if you would like to see it posted, here. If not, I can find another way to get it to the people who would like to read it. So, leave me a comment, and let me know.

Have a great weekend.

There is more vomit to clean up, and I’m just the man to do it!!!

Casey

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone feels better soon and I can't wait to see your web site.
BTW you might see any followers but those of us who use RSS won't show up as "followers"

Anonymous said...

Douse your house in Lysol :P apparently it kills the flu viruses and all that. What's the worst that could happen?! Your house will smell like chemically altered flowers at the least :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to read your story, #1 because the horror genre is just my thing, and #2 believe it or not Casey, I find you fascinating! At first we didn't hit it off so good. I had a problem with craig just up and leaving us, although I am sure there is a lot more to it, But now that i listen to the "jersey guys" religiously, I say "craig who". anyway, I would love to read all of your stories.

Anonymous said...

I would love to read another story.
I'm sure you can find someone to help with the web-site. How about your web geek at 101.5?

Anonymous said...

2 good ole funny blogs in a row. you were due for one that seemed a little forced. ill chalk up your un-funniness to not feeling 100%.

Anonymous said...

Please body shots of your wife, thx.

Chykin said...

You should try Wordpress, Casey. You can have a blog built in to the site.

Unknown said...

Make sure u tell them to take baths after every BM if they get the dreaded "D" curse. With speeds of amtrack that stuff squirts into other orafices that it shoudn't be; it can get them direly infected with a urinary tract infection & that aint no fun to go through after being as sick as they are. Don't mean to be gross or get too detailed; but this is one of those things that more people should be warned about!!!!! FEEL BETTER.

Unknown said...

hey casey, i'd love to help with your website. if you'd like, you can contact me at aaronm.dunn@gmail.com and i can give you some pointers. it's a fairly easy process.

Anonymous said...

I though you said this would be short!!!
I read it because you said it would be short - it wasn't short. It was long. You rambled. I kept reading. Why? I don't know. Same reason I listen to you.
It was really long.

Tara said...

You Sir, Crack me up! lol..
I love reading anything you blog about no matter the subject.. you are quite the comedian. lol
just a pointer, because i'm a woman and i give those: If you are concerned about posting a blog subject that might not appeal to all readers, simply start another blog about Zombies or something and attach it to this one.. i have 4 blogs lol..
just a thought. good luck on the website.. looking forward to it

Quelyn said...

Soooooo... They're making Donald Duck noises?

Hope everyone feels better, and yes, hide in the fallout shelter.

Anonymous said...

My 6 month old son also contracted the same illness. We happened to be at a dinner part with 2 other couple when his first bout with diarehhea started. Within hours I started to suffer some of the same symptoms. The next day, the other 4 dinner guests, plus my husband, were on their backs as well.

Good Luck if you can avoid this bug. Its nasty and doesn't take "no" for an answer.

Regards,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Casey,

You are a funny man and a great blog writer. Its unfortunate that more people don't read this blog because IMO its better than your radio show. Here you are not being too judgemental. Don't get me wrong I think your show is funny too.. Mostly. Maybe because i just laugh at the callers predicament and not call myself.

Anyway the purpose of this rant... (do rants really have a purpose? you should possibly know as you go on them all the time) is that I will like to help you with your website. You can reach me at jrohatgi@rediffmail.com. Depending on how detailed you want your site, if could be a fairly simple process.

Keep making us laugh.

-Too proud to call myself a fan of yours.
Jay