Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Do The Hannah, Again....

“Hannah Montana” is the new “Rocky Horror.”

I know of which I speak.

So, that means that every guy who went to midnight showings of “Rocky Horror,” dressed in black lingerie and a curly black wig, is going to have to alter their lifestyle, a bit. Now, you’re going to have to pick up a blonde wig, blue jeans, and a glittery jacket. On the plus side, as if NOT having to look at large men in women’s underwear is not enough of a plus, you will get more sleep. I’m just assuming that midnight showings of “Rocky Horror,” will be replaced by noontime showings of “Hannah Montana.”

So, you know…..Good luck with that.

I know this, because I was one of the “lucky” parents who got to go see the new “Hannah Montana” movie. I got to spend $17, on two tickets, and $32 on 2 hotdogs, a medium popcorn, a box of Junior Mints, a small tray of soft “pretzel bites,” a bottle of water, and a medium diet coke. $49 on a trip to the movies, with my little girl. On the plus side, though, I did get a free pack of “Hannah Montana” trading cards. So, you know, there’s THAT. But, they did try and cheat me out of those.

Ticket Seller: I’m supposed to give a pack of these with every ticket. But, you don’t want one, do you?

Me: I just spent $17, on two tickets, to a “G” rated movie……GIVE….ME….MY….HANNAH…MONTANA…TRADING…CARDS…RIGHT…FREAKING…NOW!!!

Ticket Seller: Whatever, dude.

Me (smiling): Thank you.

As we walked into the theater, there were several young lads, in gang attire, using the colorful kind of “street” language that I would just as soon my 9 year old daughter NOT hear. THEY were all going to see “Fast & Furious,” I suppose. When I shot them dirty looks, so that they wouldn’t use bad language in front of my little girl, they kinda laughed at me. I guess my “Kermit The Frog” hat just doesn’t inspire fear in the hearts of 15 year olds, wearing White Sox hats, turned to the side. Though, I still think I look cooler. I don’t wear MY hat sideways. I don’t care if it has a frog on it, or not.

Anyway, we got into the theater. I have to say something, here, about going to see a kids movie. This may shock AND surprise you. But, when you go to see a kids movie, there are better-than-average odds that you are going to see a large number of kids there. You expect this. Also, when there are a lot of kids in one place, don’t be surprised if they can’t all be totally silent. That’s okay. They’re kids. It’s our job, as parents, to teach them to shut their pie holes, at a movie. So, I was more than a little surprised when the bimbo in front of me had her cell phone go off. Then, I was even more shocked when she answered it, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PIVOTAL PLOT POINT!!! (Miley was late for Lilly's sweet 16, and had to show up as Hannah, because she didn't have time to change, and ended up taking all the attention away from Lilly......So, you can see why I was so upset about this.)

So, in order to teach this woman a lesson, I was forced.....FORCED I TELL YOU....to kick the back of her chair.....hard.......twice.......Which was when she spun around in her chair, and glared at me.

"I am SOOOOOO sorry," I said. " I was just so excited about the movie, and couldn't stop my leg."

It got loud in the theater, but I'm pretty sure she called me an a*@hole. It's okay, though, because she got off her phone, which is what I wanted in the first place. So, I win. Yay, me. Now, I could watch "Hannah Montana" in peace......

Wait.....Did I really "win" that one?

Hmmm.....Lemme get back to you on that.

Anyway, at one point during the movie, Miley and her family go to a country dance. Miley was encouraged to get up and sing. She does so, reluctantly, saying that she's going to "add a little hip-hop." This makes perfect sense, for two reasons: 1) Because EVERYONE knows that Hannah Montana is the textbook definition of "ghetto," and 2) Because when you get a bunch of farmers around, at a country music show, they want NOTHING MORE than to hear a little hip-hop.

Word to your mother.

So, Miley gets up and starts sining the "hip-hop" song, which the local country band seems to know, and starts to do some sort of pop/hip-hop/Disney-inspired/country line dancing song.

Okay, I thought. It's a G-rated, Disney movie. I wasn't expecting "Citizen Kane," or anything.
Then, we had our "Rocky Horror" moment.

As soon as Miley started singing her country/rap fusion, something like 20-30 girls ran up to the front of the theater, and started doing the dance that she was "rapping" about.

HOLY CRAP!!! ARE THEY TRYING TO DISNEY-FY EVERYTHING!?!!

Now, I'm not a "Rocky Horror" fan. I mean, I'm fine with it. I've been to it. I found it odd. But, I never really got into it. In fact, when I went to see it I was 16 and had never heard of it. A bunch of my friends said that they wanted to, "Go see a midnight showing of 'Rocky,'" and wanted to know if I wanted to come.

"Sure," I said. "I still think that's the best of the 'Rocky'" movies."

See, I was a tad bit stupid, when I was 16.

So, you can imagine my shock when we showed up, and there were men dressed in women's underwear. Having never worn women's underwear, I found this odd. I also thought it was odd when I got searched before going in.

Theater Guy: Open your coat.

Me: Why?

Theater Guy: I need to search you.

Me: For what?

Theater Guy: Toast.

Me: Toast?

Theater Guy: Yeah, toast.

Me: Of course.

Later on, when I got hit in the back of the head with a piece of toast that someone had managed to sneak through the TSA-style security, I understood the need for the shakedown. Of course, one of the big moments in "Rocky Horror" (not, I repeat NOT, "Rocky") is when everyone jumps up to do "The Time Warp." I thought that was funny, and I appreciated it. I just wasn't expecting that type of thing at a Friday evening performance of "Hannah Montana."

Clearly, the Disney corporation is attempting to capture that type of lighting in a bottle, with the "Hannah" franchise. It all makes perfect sense, when you consider the group dancing scene.

Do you need MORE evidence that Disney is trying to turn "Hannah Montana" into the new "Rocky Horror?"

I thought you might.

I cite one Mr. Barry Bostwick.

Not only is he one of the main characters in "Rocky Horror." BUT, he is also the bad guy in "Hannah Montana."

SHOCKING!!!!

AND, he was sex with a male, transvestite in BOTH movies!!!!

Okay, I made that last part up.........Or, did I? They don't actually get into his sex life, in "Hannah." He may, VERY WELL, be having sex with male transvestites, and we just didn't see it.

So, there!!!

Now, go turn in your black lingerie, you men out there, and turn them in for your OFFICIAL "Hannah" wig..........But, keep the toast. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I always say.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to go put my "Hannah Montana" trading cards up on ebay. I'm hoping to make enough money to buy that 90 minutes of my life back.

Casey

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah but ah we were just wondering, we just were curious ah but ah

are you and that useless tool ray going to teabag each other, or are you just jealous that the tens of people that will show up at the tea parties will be bigger than you lame empty wallet radio stunt?

oh yeah, nice blog about your snowflakes, that never gets old.

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah

why do you libertarian whiny ass titty babies bitch about billionaires governing you? they have the money, they can do what they want with it, they can own you. that's the libertarian utopia, right?

go back to doing dennis and michelle's topics.


go have a melt down about oprah, that's cringe worthy radio, the best you could hope for.

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah we were just wondering and uh just wanted to know why you think ah but ah...do you like blog entries 5 pages or 7 pages?

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah

what's wrong with your health insurance? doesn't it include lame asthmatic cough laughs?

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah

dead weight ray, that useless tool just said today the most honest thing "i'm thinking what you just said"

what a spineless useless brown nosing boot-licker.

that half a man deserves no respect.

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah

how much money did you raise for the tour for the cure? what are you hiding? did you even donate the money you raised? who knows?

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah ah and ah umm ah um ah and ah but ah

when is your contract up? what a loser that can't handle any callers, pot down the mic talk over and hang up, very insecure, but that's because you're a mental light weight that has to steal topics from dennis and michelle.


hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

ah but ah

hey let's do a dorky guys show:

deadweight_ray:it's time...ahh hahaha to opine!

deadweight: hacky, what's my opinion on anything? i'm just a spineless tool that will agree with whatever stupidity you spout off with.

hacky_bartholomew: ah but ah [insert dennis and michelle's topic here]

deadweight: yeah but no but yeah, cos

hacky: ah but ah we were just wondering what do you think? [asthmatic laugh] and ah um ah but ah and ah...we had a billionety people at our lame empty wallet radio stunt, although every media outlet that even cares says at most 200 people were there.

deadweight: cos, we need more reverb. i'm starting to feel like some toady bootlicker here. no wonder everyone calls me spider.

hacky: ah but ah [asthmatic laugh] if i keep laughing at myself someone other than that deadweight might think i'm funny.

deadweight: hacky, come teabag me, i'm not done fellating you.

hacky: i'm some dorky sexless hack clown jackass, i can't figure out why my wife won't have sex with me. howard stern use to do this bit, why doesn't it work for me?

Anonymous said...

HOW MUCH DID YOU RAISE FOR THE TOUR FOR THE CURE? WHY ARE YOU NOT DISCLOSING? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? DID YOU KEEP THE MONEY FOR YOURSELF?

hacky_bartholomew

Anonymous said...

School Cheerleading Coach Fired but not in Vineland or Voorhees, NJ

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Hackey Bartholomew here, at least with one thing.

When someone disagrees with you on the phone, you yell at them, and don't let them finish their idea, then conveniently state that "we have to move on" and go to a commercial break, and hang up on them. It's pretty pathetic, to be honest. You should let your callers actually give their opinions, instead of trying to shout them down.

Kevin from Philly said...

To the people complaining about Casey's interruption while speaking to callers...

You cant let everyone have 15 minutes to argue about every issue on the show. There is a thing called time management that you may or may not be aware of. Sure, Casey could let someone drone on about why their pet gila monster having sex with a teddy bear is more important than the cure for cancer, but that isn't really conducive to moving the show along and getting to as many callers as possible.

While I agree, that sometimes Casey and Ray (more so Casey) will cut people off, much like Bill O' Riley, more often than not it is in the interest of moving the show along. Sometimes it seems as if he does it just because he doesn't have a really good response to the caller's point, however, it seems as if the former reason is much more common than the latter.

Also, hacky_bartholomew, you may want to get that dent in your forehead taken care of. There is nothing more embarrassing than a coat hanger imprint on your skull from the botched abortion that your mother was too stupid to perform on her own.

Normally I wouldn't explain where the coat hanger imprint would come from, most people would figure it out on their own, but you know... not everyone is of average intelligence.

Good luck getting that much deserved promotion at the sewage treatment plant... I heard that the Assistant turd sorter gets paid a whole lot more than your current position of Turd Eater.